Are you seeing unwanted pop-up ads while surfing the web? Lots of users do. They can be quite annoying when you really need to get work done or are trying to check out a family member's Facebook post. Turning on your pop-up blocker should help prevent this nuisance.
Instructions for turning on your pop-up blocker:
- Open your Microsoft Edge browser.
- Click the icon in the top right of your browser that has 3 horizontal dots.
- Click on "Settings" at the very bottom.
- Scroll down the settings menu and click on the "View Advanced Settings" button.
- Ensure that the "Block pop-ups" switch is turned on.
- Restart Microsoft Edge by clicking the X in the top right and re-opening your browser as you normally would.
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Click the icon in the top right of Firefox that has 3 horizontal lines.
- Next, select "Options" from the drop-down menu.
- Then choose "Privacy & Security" on the left-hand column.
- Scroll down to the "Permissions" section
- Ensure that "Block pop-up windows" is enabled.
- Restart Google Chrome by clicking the X in the top right and re-opening Chrome as you normally would.
- Open your Google Chrome browser
- Click the icon in the top right of Chrome that looks like 3 vertical dots
- Go to "Settings".
- Scroll all the way down and click "Advanced".
- Then scroll down and select "Content settings"
- Scroll down and click on the 7th option which is "Pop-ups and redirects"
- The first switch should be toggled to the left and show "Blocked (recommended)" as indicated below.
- Now your pop-up blocker is enabled. Restart Google Chrome by clicking the X in the top right and re-opening Chrome as you normally would.
- Open your Safari browser
- Select Safari in the top right
- Then click Preferences
- Choose Websites at the top
- Click on Pop-up Windows on the left-hand side
- Then make sure Block and Notify is selected.